April 2, 2014

One Page Dungeon Contest - My Entry

My entry into the One Page Dungeon Contest 2014 is called The Mad Gnome and the Earthquake Machine. It is a short fantasy dungeon crawl that emphasizes puzzles and tactical maneuvering, with one combat which has its own unique take on it.

As expected getting all the words I wanted to use in the space allowed, especially for a puzzle oriented dungeon was difficult. However, it was self-enlightening when I was forced to choose my words carefully, both for removing extraneous verbiage and trying to find the least of amount of words while trying to create a clear picture of what is going on. It's a lot different than writing a blog where I can (and often do) meander with my topics.

If you are interested you can take a look at the pdf here.

No comments: