August 29, 2017

RPGaDAY #29 - Best Kickstarter


What has been the best-run RPG Kickstarter you have backed?

Tough call. I have backed quite a few kickstarters and most have come out beautifully. Picking one will be hard. Here are some of the better ones...

-Feng Shui 2. Fast turn around. Good product.
-Primeval Thule 5E. Fast return even on the stretch goals. Looked great.
-Starvation Cheap. This is for a smaller kickstarter and book but its the only one by Kevin Crawford I've backed. I had to include this one because the man is a beast when it comes to kickstarters. He runs awesome kickstarters that go smooth and fulfill fast. For me his are the standard for rpgs.
-7th Sea 2E. Well done. So far mostly on target for releases. Nice product in hand.
-Quests of Doom 5E. Not a lot of updates during the process but the fulfillment was fast and the product was what I expected.
-A Touch of Class 5E. Blindingly fast turnaround. Nice product. They probably didn't need to go the kickstarter route, but that seems to be the way to go these days.
-Torg Eternity. It just ended but I have the preliminary pdf already as well as another 180+ page stretch goal. It is going very well so far.

...but the best one I would have to say is...
-Tome of Beasts 5E. It was fast, including the stretch goals. The book is gorgeous and I got a stretch goal I didn't even know was part of my package. They must of lost money on this one. 


Post a Comment