February 22, 2014

40th D&D - First D&D Novel

Day 22: First D&D-based novel you ever read.

Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

This was the first book in the Dragonlance series and it was excellent. I liked the rich characters and epic scale of the series. I was always a prolific reader so I guess it was a natural for me to start reading the D&D books. This book started me on reading all the D&D books I could get my hands on. First it was the complete Dragonlance series along with the follow up books. Then it was the Forgotten Realms books. Then it was Dark Sun. After devouring many of these books I did taper off and stopped reading every one of them. I think I just wanted a change of pace...or they all started to read the same to me. I think the original Dark Sun series were the last D&D books I have read (around 1993).

Sometimes I think about starting to read the D&D books I missed, but I wouldn't know where to start. There are so many of them now, covering a wide variety of world settings.


No comments: